MOBILE ME - confusing.

Reaction score
Okay, I am new to MACS and MOBILE ME.

I am on the trial version right now .. but can't seem to figure out how to SYNCH the data .. I thought it was automatic.

I gave it a couple days, and nothing. I thought it would capture my computer info or something while registering.

what gives ?

thanks

Signed,

a newbie !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
You have to put in your mobileme info in system prefs.
20080819-xauqb4njbupfg65f3fwrcg53ra.jpg

Once it verifies it you can setup what you want to sync.
20080819-pu3t9nef3337qwmx9fnsmxrjq1.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
you have to set it up on both your computer and your phone (under settings). took me a few to figure out but once i did it was sweet. be careful i deleted everything in my phone the first time by accident :p

let us know if you got it figured out!!!

(the step by step instructions in "me" actually explain it best, you should be good to go just follow those)

OP
D
Reaction score
GOT IT ! Thank you very much!! More MOBILE ME questions now !

cool, now I can go to my PC and see what I typed on the MAC's calendar - very neat.

Now, Can I ADD events to the DOT ME site when, for example, I am at work ?

Also, right now, AS AN EXAMPLE, my MOBILE ME email address is [email protected].

have they stopped issueing out the DOT MAC addresses ? I really almost don't want to give out the DOT ME address, sounds silly !

Can I change it from [email protected] to something else, or can I get a secondary email account that goes to the account.

By the way, is this email only good for sending stuff FROM MOBILE ME, or TO .. and can you forward, to say .. a YAHOO ADDRESS ? If so, that wold be perfect, as I can't access yahoo at work, but so far, I can get to the ME.com page !

THANKS!

-Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Yes, you can add events to the calendar using the web interface on your PC at work. As far as I know, they don't give out .mac addresses anymore. I know, kind of lame, my wifes complained about it too. What do you mean by forward? Do you want ALL your mail to .me to go to yahoo?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.