I respect all of your opinions...Help me again...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Since Ive received my ibook, I havent even touched my PC. It is an
AMD Athlon XP 2800+, Nforce 2 Mobo, wireless internet card, CDRW/DVD, Geforce 5900SE DDR 128mb Video Card, 512 DDR Ram, 120gig HD, USB 2.0, MMC reader, 17" Flatscreen, all accessories, and one nice printer. I dont really see myself using it anymore at all, not after getting my Mac. A friend offered me $700 for it all, and Im leaning towards doing it. I would use the money to buy Apple Care, a gig of ram, and prob a set of Creature speakes, or a newer printer, and the remainder on a Car payment. Does everone think this sounds like a wise decision, does $700 sound like a fair deal? I know I am always asking questions, but I am an indecisive person, and I find most of the info I get on here wise. Please no insane replies like "Windoze sux, give et aweigh 4 freeeeeee"! Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
that sounds like a good price, but Id not recommend the jbl creature speakers, or the version 2 of those. they look really, really cool, but thats what you pay for, the sound quality isnt as good as it should be, the bass isnt very good either, I bought them, and then returned them, they didnt hardly sound better than the speakers that came with my g4 cube, theyre kinda like the apple pro speakers.

Reaction score
Greenredfield said:
Since Ive received my ibook, I havent even touched my PC. It is an
AMD Athlon XP 2800+, Nforce 2 Mobo, wireless internet card, CDRW/DVD, Geforce 5900SE DDR 128mb Video Card, 512 DDR Ram, 120gig HD, USB 2.0, MMC reader, 17" Flatscreen, all accessories, and one nice printer. I dont really see myself using it anymore at all, not after getting my Mac. A friend offered me $700 for it all, and Im leaning towards doing it. I would use the money to buy Apple Care, a gig of ram, and prob a set of Creature speakes, or a newer printer, and the remainder on a Car payment. Does everone think this sounds like a wise decision, does $700 sound like a fair deal? I know I am always asking questions, but I am an indecisive person, and I find most of the info I get on here wise. Please no insane replies like "Windoze sux, give et aweigh 4 freeeeeee"! Thank you in advance.

I know that "giving away" a $1500 computer for only $700 hurts, but I would take the $700 offered if I were you. While your system is nice it is not top of the line and it's beard is starting to grow. Each time a newer model hits the market yours drops another hundred or so. Bite the bullet and take what you can get...be careful about giving to many "accerssories" away though, many times they will also work with your Mac...

Reaction score
The way I figure it, to buy it new would cost:
CPU/Mobo/Ram - $300
Video Card - $200
Hard drive - $100
Burner and Case - $120
Legal Copy of Windows - $100
17in Flat Panel - $230

Totals little over 1k, I think $700 is reasonable, especially for a friend, considering it is used and isn't the most desirable components.

OP
ByzantineRemnant
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Well I got a real good deal on most of it, the only thing I paid ful retail for was the video card. I got out my receipts, and not including Tax, I have $810 into it all, so getting $700 for it, id be making out like a bandit. I dont really need the money, I just dont see myself using it much now. The accessoris Included are a matching mic, keyboard, and mouse, as well as some decent speakers. I am currently having a lover affair with my ibook, If I divorce my PC, do you see me having regrets? The only advantage I see on my PC is that I can play games, which I dont even care about really, I have a couple of game systems to do that on. I also have some pretty recent Games for my PC, which I am not including in the deal, which I could sell for an additonal $100. I think im going to do it.

C

Cloudane

if your only losing 110$ then sell it right away.

What he said!!! What are you asking on here for? Do it! :D

Granted you could possibly get more for it if you tried (900-1K maybe?), but hey... if it's your friend then he gets a good deal and you lose out on very little since you bought the machine. Sounds like a good price to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.