Reasons

Reaction score
Ok. I want a MacBook for the reason that I just want one. However I need reasons why I should get one so my parents will let me have one.

The only real reasons I can use is:
I'll be using iMacs for Photography in school this coming school year.
My Dad has two PC's why can't I? I'm going be using them more in the future then he is.

Of course I need reasons why they are good & features they have. Also the software features would be nice to know too.

& one question. I have a wireless router for my home internet. Do I have to buy AirPort Extreme or Express to be able to use my home internet on my MacBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
No Viruses! There's the main reason why you want a Mac. :)

The Airport Extreme and Airport Express are actually wireless routers themselves. You will be able to use your MacBook with your existing wireless router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
It will require less maintenance than the PCs. You can run Windows and OS X for max compatibility.

Reaction score
As a recent convert I have just been amazed at how easy tasks have been on the mac that are time consuming on a PC. For instance, I recently wasted 20 minutes trying to connect my PC to a secured network at a charity I work with. Took my new mac in. It instantly recognized the network. Typed in my password and I was on. Then, I was able to print to their network printer with no further work. No way I could have done that on my PC.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
you could always try this:

"hey dad! i got a part time job and earned enough money to buy myself a macbook - want to come with me to the apple store and pick one out?"

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
No Viruses! There's the main reason why you want a Mac. :)

The Airport Extreme and Airport Express are actually wireless routers themselves. You will be able to use your MacBook with your existing wireless router.

There are viruses for macs they are just less common to run into.

Reason why you should get a Mac, they have very good resell value and they don't depreciate in price as quickly compared to PCs. Plus they are just beautiful to look at. ^-^" The reason why I switched was mainly because it's kind of industry standard for graphic designers, photographers, and motion graphics people. This is more of an OS thing really.

Windows always has those cryptic messages, "do you want to do that...are you sure??" >_<""" Blue Screens aren't any fun, and having to do virus and spyware scans every other day isn't fun either.

Reaction score

"hey dad! i got a part time job and earned enough money to buy myself a macbook - want to come with me to the apple store and pick one out?"

Exactly what I was thinking as a Dad myself who is saving hard for my 1st macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
Just the fact that there is no maintenance required compared to PC's is good enough a reason for me. I remember that I hated running various programs on my PC to keep it running in decent shape. But now that I have my Macbook, I dont have to worry about that anymore.

Reaction score

Those was my thoughts. That is what I had to do :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
Exactly what I was thinking as a Dad myself who is saving hard for my 1st macbook.

haha still paying mine off!!!! thankyou no interest :p almost done...

agreeing with you guys though...lol

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Another reason is all professional photographers use mac's

Reaction score
You don't need a macbook. Macs are a luxury computer item, you'd be perfectly fine with a $400-500 PC. If you want a mac, save your money.

Reaction score
I wish my parents would buy me a Mac. Instead, I have to slave over Windows desktop support... oh the irony.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well the law may be different in America.

Umm I live in America >_>" and you can work at 14. You need a permit from the school and your parents signature to work. I think it's like 4hrs a week or something that they let you work so it doesn't interfere with your studying. They might have changed it, it's been awhile since I was 14. >_<"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.