Flashdrive...

Reaction score
I recently switched from being a PC user to a Mac user, hooray for me!

I have this flashdrive that I had used constantly with PCs and I have a lot of information on it. I am a little worried that it will get deleted if I hook it up to my Mac.

It has happened once before, except I think it was because the Mac that I was using was maybe 6 or 7 years old, as was the PC that I hooked it up to after it was hooked up to the Mac. The data got cleared from the flashdrive.

So am I safe hooking the flashdrive up to my Mac? Or should I figure out some other way of getting the information off of it onto my computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I haven't had any issues connecting modern flash drives to anything, mac, pc, linux, etc. If you're really worried, back up the data a pc before putting it in the mac.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I have never heard of that happening before, unless you formated the Flash drive somehow. I have a Flashdrive that I use for all my files, formated for PC and I can use it on Macs and then bring it home and work on my PC as well. Never had any issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
odd, i've had two flash-drive brands, both worked fine between pc and mac.

Reaction score
All my files work from my pc to my mac. Did you remember to "eject" it before you unplugged it? I don't see how that would delete your files, because I did it on accident and nothing happened, but I suppose it could be possible?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.