Spaces + Second Monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
Hey guys,

I like to use spaces on my Macbook, its so convenient for switching between programs and such. I have an iTunes/Adium space, a Mozilla space, etc.

I have a second monitor attached, on which I am playing a lot of DVDs off of atm. Is there a way to make the second monitor constant? Can I switch between spaces on the macbook screen and still maintain the movie playing on the secondary monitor?

Thanks in advance....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I don't think so...
At least its not possible natively, maybe there is a third party app that allows you to do that...

Try "Virtue Desktops"... I don't know if it supports multi-monitors. If it does not, just use that to get multiple desktops on your main display while having the second monitor constant.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I like to use spaces on my Macbook, its so convenient for switching between programs and such. I have an iTunes/Adium space, a Mozilla space, etc.

I have a second monitor attached, on which I am playing a lot of DVDs off of atm. Is there a way to make the second monitor constant? Can I switch between spaces on the macbook screen and still maintain the movie playing on the secondary monitor?

Thanks in advance....

You need to setup application assignments on the Spaces Preferences. Add an assignment for the application you are using to watch the movie. Set the Space to which it should be assigned to "Every space".

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP: 2.26 C2D, 4GB, 160GB
You need to setup application assignments on the Spaces Preferences. Add an assignment for the application you are using to watch the movie. Set the Space to which it should be assigned to "Every space".

Thanks! worked great...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
That would do it... Nice Response!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money

Man I've been waiting for VMware fusions 2 as apparently you can tell that to output to a different monitor - I think your answer has just done what I want.

Top tip.

Reaction score
Man I've been waiting for VMware fusions 2 as apparently you can tell that to output to a different monitor - I think your answer has just done what I want.

Top tip.

I'm glad I was able to help you and the other posters that were nice enough to respond.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.