More questions

Reaction score
When I want to open an Office doc, I go through menus but I want to have all the folders in the sub folder first and than the files. How do I arrange that.

The second question has to do with saving from the preview pane: it offers only a limited number of places. Say I want to save to a specific folder in Documents, my only choice is "documents" and not the sub folders. Can this be fixed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i don't actually understand your first question, but when you are saving a file, to the right of where you name the file there is a little arrow, and if you press it it gives you a full finder window.

OP
D
Reaction score
i don't actually understand your first question, but when you are saving a file, to the right of where you name the file there is a little arrow, and if you press it it gives you a full finder window.

Got it, thank you.

Back to the first question: I am in Office (word or excel) go to open a doc, it takes me to thefolder I set up in preferences, in this folder I have other folders as well as .doc files, I want the other folders to be listed on top followed by the files. Instead everything is alphabetized.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
By default, alphabetized is the way it'll sort. If you right click on the column name bar, you can choose Show View Options, and then add the 'Kind' column to the view. If you sort by Kind then, it'll put folders at the top for you. Not sure it'll remember that in Office they way you want, but it will do the Windows style of sorting.

OP
D
Reaction score
I tried to right click but when I am on "open file" under word or excel the right click does not work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.