iDVD

Reaction score
I hope this is a good place to ask this I'm not sure if I'm in the right section.
I'm computer illiterate most of the time but here goes.
lately when I burn something on IDVD it
comes out a little scratchy for lack of a better word I was wondering if there are any others with a MAC that might be having the same problem. Its not on
every disc I burn just some.
I had stopped in a apple store a few weeks ago and asked the tec there if he had heard of anyone else having this problem he said he had heard of it but was not familiar with the actual problem.
Thanks
Larry

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Were you trying to create video DVDs at the time? Or are you just referring to creating a music type DVD?

Explain exactly what you were trying to burn which results in "scratchy" (I assume sound)?

Regards.

OP
L
Reaction score
When I burn movies the audio is fine but the video looks like it skips for a second please forgive me I'm computer illiterate for the most part. its not during the whole dvd just parts of it now and then enough to be a pain while watching.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When I burn movies the audio is fine but the video looks like it skips for a second please forgive me I'm computer illiterate for the most part. its not during the whole dvd just parts of it now and then enough to be a pain while watching.

Hi:

OK, now I understand a bit more about what you're doing. When you say burn movies, are you referring to home movies that you took with a video camera?

Or, are you burning movies to DVD that you downloaded from the net? For example: movies you purchased from iTunes?

Sorry about the additional questions but your answers will help us to figure out what it is that might be causing the skipping.

Regards.

OP
L
Reaction score
no problem, yes movies that I download and burn that I'm having problems with its not all of the movies just every now and then but there is no way of knowing it till after I burn and watch them:(

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK. Much depends on the quality of the movie you downloaded and what format it is in. Normally though if you download a movie from a source such as iTunes or any of the other legitimate pay sites, the quality is good and it should burn OK.

If you're downloading movies from sites that are not legit or even some that are supposedly legit but the price is too good to be true, you can expect low quality.

Try burning at the slowest speed for the burner and always use good quality DVD+R media. Stay away from DVD-R or DVDRW media which in my experience do not provide the best results.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
OK. Much depends on the quality of the movie you downloaded and what format it is in. Normally though if you download a movie from a source such as iTunes or any of the other legitimate pay sites, the quality is good and it should burn OK.

If you're downloading movies from sites that are not legit or even some that are supposedly legit but the price is too good to be true, you can expect low quality.

Try burning at the slowest speed for the burner and always use good quality DVD+R media. Stay away from DVD-R or DVDRW media which in my experience do not provide the best results.

Regards.

Quality media is the key, there are no problems with DVD-Rs as long as you use QUALITY media. I do agree to stay away from RWs though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.