can someone help?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I recently bought a mac, im a producer/DJ and soon as i got the mac had to urgently get a tune finished and sent out, seen as my local mac store was all out of logic software therefore a friend let me borrow a copy of software and serial.
I used the software for one day and purchased my original copy from the store. I deleted the old software and begun to install the new software however it did not ask me for a serial key. Now im afraid to update as it may be using the old serial?

I have my new serial with original software in front of me and dont know what to do Can anyone help?

thanks so much

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I used the software for one day and purchased my original copy from the store. I deleted the old software and begun to install the new software however it did not ask me for a serial key. Now im afraid to update as it may be using the old serial?
I have my new serial with original software in front of me and dont know what to do Can anyone help?

The only ways I can see around this are to:
1. ask your friend for the serial number that was with his version and compare it with the number on the new software
and
2. reinstall the 'borrowed' software, establish its serial number once installed (usually found in About This .......), and write down that number,
then
3. delete the 'borrowed' software using a third-party uninstall application eg. CleanApp or AppCleaner,
and
4. delete the new software using a third-party uninstall application eg. CleanApp or AppCleaner (or maybe it has its own uninstaller?)

Then go through the reinsallation of your legally purchased software again. Very convoluted I realise, but getting rid of old serial numbers can be a tricky process, and they're deeply hidden in the OS libraries somewhere.

Reaction score
Simply delete the file "Logic Studio System ID" in /Library/Application Support/ProApps/

You will be asked for new registration info when you launch logic again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.