One of the few million newbie just wants to say HI!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 200GB
Just want to say hi and to share my happiness! in fact, i have never been happier in front of a computer since getting my own PC in grd 10!
Along side with having fun using my mew awesome mac pro, i have encountered a problem already!
I have problem signing in with ADIUM, it jsut doesnt connect at all!
as with MSN MAC, it connects fine, i have heard it's to do with wireless setting is that correct? it is connected through a DLINK adsl2+ modem router.

any help is great coz msn mac is pretty crap so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Hello there!

Sorry, can't help, just wanted to say hey :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4" C2D 2.4GHz 2GB Ram 160GB HD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Nano 8GB
I had the same problem when first using adium. I tweaked my settings a bit and it seemed to work. Try this and let me know if works for you.

Open Adium>Prefences>Accounts
Click on your msn account and press the Edit button on the bottom right of the window.
Select the options Tab and there should be a checkbox beside 'Connect via HTTP' . click on it.
Restart Adium and see if this works for you.
Let me know if it does. because there might have been something else I could've done to my settings to make it work.
Good Luck !

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, 200GB
hey thx for reply, i have tried that and the connection changed from 0% to 12% and stayed at 12%....i have read somewhere that it's to do with the wireless setting, but it's so advance for me to understand...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15.4" C2D 2.4GHz 2GB Ram 160GB HD, iPod Touch 16GB, iPod Nano 8GB
make sure under proxy that it is not checked to connect through proxy unless the network you are on needs to be connected through proxy. i'm not an expert on the whole internet connection thing . so i'm not too sure -- just letting you know what works for me. and if it still doesn't work still - then i hope someone has a better answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I'm another newbie and love my MacBook. My husband got a new PC and he spends most of his time cussing at it. I just logon and go...
I've had a few minor adjustments to make. I have to save my documents so that some of my friends without Apple can open them, but no big deal.
Welcome,
Clara

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.