What are these white dots on my new Macbook's LCD??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Probably part of your desktop background. The menu is translucent, so parts of the background will show through. Looks like you have the default Leopard background, thus some stars have shone though your Menu Bar.

OP
E
Reaction score
Probably part of your desktop background. The menu is translucent, so parts of the background will show through. Looks like you have the default Leopard background, thus some stars have shone though your Menu Bar.
Wow. Thanks for the quick reply!;D You're right, it was the stars showing through the menu bar. I win the award for newbie of the day, lol. I have a lot to learn.:|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 160G
Wow. Thanks for the quick reply!;D You're right, it was the stars showing through the menu bar. I win the award for newbie of the day, lol. I have a lot to learn.:|

I have more than fifteen years experience with computers; I just got my first Mac (a MPB). I thought the very same thing. :Oops:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

I have been working with computers since the Commodore 64 and OSX since 10.2 and thought the very same thing when I first booted into Leopard till I realized about the translucent menu bar! So don't feel like a noob at all! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.