Mac-PC Desktop Sharing over Firewire

Reaction score
Hello all,
First post here, I'm on a MacPro and have recently inherited my Dad's old PC.
I would like to connect my Mac to the PC through Firewire and use fairly intensive applications on the PC like Pixologic's ZBrush 3, NaturalMotion's Endorphin, and Games such as Oblivion and FarCry. I already know the PC can run all these, and I know all this is theoretically possible, how to do it, and I have the Firewire cable.

However the PC doesn't have a Firewire port (if it did I wouldn't be bothering you with all this), so I need to know whether anybody else has tried this (as I've searched the internet high and low and found nothing conclusive), before I go and shell out for a Firewire card.

One more thing, I was intending to use Microsoft Remote Desktop on the Mac end to control the PC, I believe that IP over Firewire should work, but I haven't found anything that states you can use MRD over Firewire. So if anyone can confirm this I'd appreciate it.

Thank you for reading this far and for any help you can offer.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.