what Mac email domains can I use ?

Reaction score
Just got my first MAC today, an AIR ! Very happy with the performace and volume - two issues I thought might be an issue!

So far, so good ! I have been playing with it for the last 8 hours or so!

I basically would like to get a @MAC.com (for example) email address.

when I go to ichat, there seems to be a @MAC.com type of account? I put in my ME.com info and no go ? Is there a MAC IM I am not familiar with ?

I am on the TRIAL of the ME.com right now, but not convinced that would be my main email address ?

I will likley have this one MAC. No iphone, for a while, and likely not another "FULL TIME" PC.

You guys think the MOBILE me is worth it ? If an when I get the Iphone, I guess it would be neat .. but not sure .. thats another topic!

thanks for the info !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Congrats on the new mac.

You can no longer get @mac.com email addresses. @me.com has replaced @mac.com. Only those who already had @mac.com can still use them.

To use iChat you need to have AOL or AIM. I'm not sure what other services can be used in ichat, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

MobileMe is great. Once you start really getting into iMovie, iPhoto, iWeb and Mail it works seamlessly and allows you share really easily.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks!

Congrats on the new mac.

You can no longer get @mac.com email addresses. @me.com has replaced @mac.com. Only those who already had @mac.com can still use them.

To use iChat you need to have AOL or AIM. I'm not sure what other services can be used in ichat, maybe someone else can chime in on that.

MobileMe is great. Once you start really getting into iMovie, iPhoto, iWeb and Mail it works seamlessly and allows you share really easily.

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ok, I gotta say it...

It's Mac, not MAC....

OP
D
Reaction score
uhm, yeah .....

uhm, yeah ..... are you serious?

tomato, tomatoe ...

my god (or, GOD, or God, or Buddha, oh worshipped one, FILL IN THE BLANK _____________ )

this is a forum trying to seek advice, not grammar corrections.

Yes, I am college educated, I teach computers for a living and have a wall of certications.

not really sure it matters if I say MAC or Mac in a forum, as long as I am polite, and generally try to articaluate the question.

No wonder MAC / Mac owners are often thought of as they are.

you offerred no help to the question, but felt quite compelled to bag on the "NEWBIE" here.

thanks for the assistance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
UM, if you are computer literate then you would know the difference between MAC and Mac. Certificates are simply bits of paper, be proud of yourself for that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
it's not the mac owners that care, it's the network guys.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Congrats on the new mac.

Really?
That's a shame, I was thinking getting a @mac.com address just for showing off I have a mac but @me.com is boring
Now I will stick to my gmail for sure

By the way Danger450,
I must say Mac looks better, while it doesn't really matter
But if you say MAC It make me think of a MAC Address which is something all different

OP
D
Reaction score
oh, the sheer joy of being in your company excite me !

Uhm, yeah baggss - Like I said, I teach computers courses.. at the college level, not preschool.

Of COURSE, I know what a MAC address is. I have worked for the department of defense as an Information System Security Officer, Lead Programmer, and consultant for over 11 years, and in my spare time, I build and sell small companies. Oh, and I am one of those "NETWORK" guys.

By wall of certificates, I am not talking overnight beautician school, it includes degrees and other items I have APPLIED to my career, but thanks for the entertainment. lol

Some of the worlds "successful" millionaires have no college education, cannot spell, and don't have a "wall of certificates" ... i am sure they need some baggss input into their lives as well, they are subpar to you I am sure.

MAC means several things in life. Life is not certainly divided by "network" guys and "Apple" (or is it APPLE .. ? Uh, oh - I might get flamed again .. better watch out!) guys.

Of all the sources to research and quote on, we pick wikipedia. Seriously? About as helpful as doing valid research on UrbanDictionary.com.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=mac

Yes, I am a newbie to the Apple computing systems, thats why I am seeking advice.

There is one in every forum who will get into a pissing contest over nothing, thanks for helping me find that person.

All over what a correctly "spelled" acronym.

ha ha ha. wow.

I have received my entertainment for the evening, thank you !

OP
D
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how is it spelled.

MAC is spelled the same way Mac and mac are spelled. both start with an "m", end with a "c" and have an "a" in between.

It's context people, context.

If I and another "network guy" are speaking, and I say, "what is your Mac" (QUICK, note spelling!) he is not going to give me the latitude and longitude of where he left his powerbook.

He is going to give me 08:00:69:02:01:FC

If we are in an Apple store and I say I want the biggest Mac you got, the guy from McDonalds across the way isn't going to ask me if I want Fries with my big Mac, the guy from the raincoat store isn't going to ask if I would like the extra large waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.

CONTEXT.

I am not in a McDonalds forum, I am in a forum geared towards Apple advice.

Man, this is making me hungry ...

The post by "MODERATOR" D3v1L80Y was also an exercise in hilarity.

Gave three links.

Posting and YOU|Forum Rules|The Apple Product Cycle

in the first link, it swears and covers up swearing, which is ironically, just the opposite of what the end of RULE #1 states in "Forum Rules" link.

Now, you would think a forum moderator, who is trying to interject some policy, would first abide by it.

WOW.

More entertainment!

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Yes but would you write a name without a capital letter at the begin?
I think Steve Jobs, looks better then steve jobs
Isn't it?

Course you can with mac maC MAC mAc MaC, but Mac looks better isn't it?

Oh and I find it odd I'm discussing this :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
MAC is spelled the same way Mac and mac are spelled. both start with an "m", end with a "c" and have an "a" in between.

It's context people, context.

If I and another "network guy" are speaking, and I say, "what is your Mac" (QUICK, note spelling!) he is not going to give me the latitude and longitude of where he left his powerbook.

He is going to give me 08:00:69:02:01:FC

If we are in an Apple store and I say I want the biggest Mac you got, the guy from McDonalds across the way isn't going to ask me if I want Fries with my big Mac, the guy from the raincoat store isn't going to ask if I would like the extra large waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.

CONTEXT.

I am not in a McDonalds forum, I am in a forum geared towards Apple advice.

Man, this is making me hungry ...

The post by "MODERATOR" D3v1L80Y was also an exercise in hilarity.

Gave three links.

Posting and YOU|Forum Rules|The Apple Product Cycle

in the first link, it swears and covers up swearing, which is ironically, just the opposite of what the end of RULE #1 states in "Forum Rules" link.

Now, you would think a forum moderator, who is trying to interject some policy, would first abide by it.

WOW.

More entertainment!

Oh dear, you'd almost think we'd forced ourselves upon you unbidden... rather than offered help when you had a question.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes but would you write a name without a capital letter at the begin?
I think Steve Jobs, looks better then steve jobs
Isn't it?

Course you can with mac maC MAC mAc MaC, but Mac looks better isn't it?

Oh and I find it odd I'm discussing this :p

Likewise, we call him Steve, not a shortened "acronym" or nick name.

steve still means Steve.

Seriously, this is a forum not a term paper.

OP
D
Reaction score
Oh dear, you'd almost think we'd forced ourselves upon you unbidden... rather than offered help when you had a question.

1 piece of help from dakineyj

6 People who felt the need to attempt to .. *COUGH* .. school me on how to spell Mac.

that ratio seems heavily in the favor of negativity for someone trying to sell the virtures of the forum.

:Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
Well isn't this just an interesting argument lol

OP
D
Reaction score
the journey continues...

The word "we" is most commonly used as a plural pronoun

IE, "WE" = "MORE THAN ONE"

your input was unbidden.

Reaction score
Actually the guy asked a very good question. Are there any email addresses that can be used that have "Mac" (in any form) in it? I do not like, and do not intend to use "me" in my return address.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.