• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

snapz x pro 2.0 not working with some apps...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" mac book pro, 2.4GHz core 2 duo, 2G ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, 256 RAM, 160G HD @7200rpm
okay, so i just invested a good sum of money to get this program (snapz x pro 2.0) to capture videos of my gameplay in battlefield 2142 for mac. much like fraps. it works great when i dont have the game open. (whoopie!) captures my entire mpb screen with no performance issues. but when i fire up battlefield my captured video goes crazy, and ends up looking like its only capturing an 80x80 section of my screen, and jumping about from place to place. when i exit the game it goes back to recording 1440x900 (fullscreen) on the desktop. very strange. the resolution remains 1440x900 but its only capturing 80x80 when running battlefield. anyone else having a similar problem, or a possible fix? thanks!

-dan-

Reaction score
i have the similar problem to and i have no idea why?
i would like to know why to.

OP
volta88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" mac book pro, 2.4GHz core 2 duo, 2G ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, 256 RAM, 160G HD @7200rpm
okay, did some more digging, i may have found a possible fix. if the game is running in fullscreen mode (which is what i'm running in) it sometimes causes screw-ups, and snapz doesn't know what to record. a possible fix is to open up the movie pallete (where you set dimensions and such), click the disclosure button (the arrow that reveals more options) and select "enable smoother (but more intensive) capture" setting. and then give it a shot. i'll be trying it out after i get out of class, will post my findings in a few hours. hopefully this helps at least one of us!

OP
volta88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
capturing only black screen now when i'm running bf2142. back to the drawing board...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.