Gaming with Windows Question

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting Age of Conan for my pc and planning on getting a macbook for school towards the end of the month and i was just wondering what program is best to use for gaming.
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm assuming you're asking about installing Windows on a MacBook. If you intend to run Windows games it's best to use the Boot Camp assistant to create a partition for Windows and to install Windows. Windows will run at its native speed that way.

One thing to note: The MacBook has integrated graphics (currently Intel GMA X3100 chipset) whereas the MacBook Pro (more expensive) has a separate graphics adaptor. The MBP is a much better Windows gaming machine than the MacBook for that reason.

Regards.

OP
I
Reaction score
Alright thanks that what i was thinking but if i have a copy of windows will I have to find drivers myself for the windows version on my computer if so will it be easy to find

Reaction score
Please search the forum - this is all covered in numerous posts. You didn't specify what Windows you are installing. If it is XP or Vista 32, then the Boot Camp process will get you all the drivers you need. If it is Vista 64, you may have to search for some but again, there are posts here which will guide you. Remember as discussed above, the MacBook has some hardware limitations for gaming, so be aware of that. Also, before using Boot Camp, print out the instructions that come with it and follow them exactly. You'll need a retail or OEM (not a manufacturers disk) of XP SP2 for an XP install under Boot Camp.

But I strongly advise you to browse this forum because most of your questions have been addressed.

Good luck

Reaction score
ILotek, During reading other threads I have seen many posts to related your post's answer. You can search on forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.