Little more blue?

Reaction score
Hey. I thought the site would look better with blue bars at the top instead of red. So i was bored and made a cheap thing in paint seeing what it would look like in blue. Here's my result.(well actually its at the bottom...) I know its kinda cheap... but it's just a experiment. It's kind of bright but my main point is i think the red should be replaced with a darker blue. I don't have any clue if this would be hard changing the site... but it's just a suggestion. Tell me what you think.

Thanks

Blue MF.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
*cough* tacky
that is not possible as the software uses a skin, like a theme, theyd have to change every last thing at once with a new skin, and I doubt theres another skin just like this in a different color.though a different skin more aqua style or mac like would be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
I always thought the red on these forums matched well with the logo (Apple).

But hey, that's just me.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Yeah. The red still looks nice. I just wanted to see what it looked like blue and decided to share it. I'm not proud of it or anything :)

It would be nice if this site had a more "Aqua" look, as you kind of stated.

Z

zeppster

Yeah I admit when i first came to the forums i was not impressed. It didn't look like a good site to find help on apple related things. Looks can be deceiving.

I think that a change in theme may be good. Give the site new life. But hey, thats just my opinion.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If you have seen what hte site looked like in the beginning, you might appreciate it more. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
I think the site is simple, but very functional and not even close to being cluttered. One of the nicer forums ive seen, imo. Leave it the way it is! Please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac 7200/75: Mac OS 7.6.1; iMac 233mhz Mac OS X 10.1.5; PowerBook 180c, Mac OS 7.5.3
The red gradient could easily be replaced with a blue one. Just overwrite the red image, and tell everyone to clear their cache. Or, copy the current skin to create a new one, and upload a blue gradient file, and link to it in Skin configuration. Then let users switch via the skin chooser dropdown.

Personally, I like the red/blue combination better than all blue.

A

Arleban

rberry88 said:
I always thought the red on these forums matched well with the logo (Apple).

But hey, that's just me.

Says the man with the blue Apple logo as his avatar... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
schweb said:
Here's kind of an idea

Ah, the good ol' days. :p

I do happen to prefer a blue theme over red, but the current setup is still nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I remember when it changed but could not remember for the life of me what the old theme looked like until the old picture was posted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
We had one before that one also didnt we?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well there was also the time we had the front page

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.