Help with Corel Photo-Paint 8

D

Denimgirl

Hi guys,
I am running Coral Photo-paint 8 Limited Edition on my trusty mac OS 9.0.4 but everytime I open the help files my computer freezes.
I've tried reinstalling it and deleting the prefs, but the same problem.

Does anyone have a fix for this or know of where I can download a user manual?

Ta in advance
Denim Girl

OP
G

goodolebwinches

Painter 8 wants lots of RAM. I don't know how much RAM you have, and that may not even be the issue for you.
Here is a list of things it could be:

1. OS 9.0.4........you may need to move up to 9.2.2(download is free) and the firmware update for your system

2. You haven't run "disk utility" in a while.....maybe you should try running it.

3. Physical RAM/and or Virtual RAM in OS 9....might want to turn off the virtual and beef up the physical(this week PC100 128mb is $9.99 a stick at a store that rhymes with "Best Guy" this week).

Give your system specs:
1. System
2. G3 or G4
3. Amount of RAM
ETC.

OP
D

Denimgirl

I've tried running my disk utility, disk first aid, conflict catcher etc etc to no avail.

My specs are:
iMac OS 9.0.4 DV 450mhz 64mb with VM on.

The photo-paint requires a recommended 20000 and I've given it 30000. I've also increased the memory on the helper application which can only run from within the program.

A few people have suggested I upgrade to 9.2.2, is this a complicated exercise? Do I lose any information that's already on my computer? Will I still be able to use all of my other applications? (questions, questions, questions, sorry about that...lol)

Regards
Denim Girl

OP
D

Denimgirl

Got more RAM...still crashing

OK folks,

I went out and got more RAM....I have a total now of 192mb and this help file is still crashing my computer. I've tried it with VM on and with VM off.
Any ideas?

Denim Girl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Upgrade your OS and no you shouldnt lose any data by upgrading, but you should always backup regardless if you are upgrading or not.. always backup! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.