Switch to Mac, but Keep Your PC Too

Reaction score
I prefer my Mac, but I keep a PC around too. I recommend that for people who have room, that is if you're at home or in an office with enough room to have two separate desktop computers.

Use your Mac for better productivity and less work administering, but sometimes, my opinion is it's good to have a PC around too.

:Oops: Is this OK to say in Mac-Forums? :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
I find that doing a Powerpoint presentation on a PC is way easier. Maybe its just me?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I prefer my Mac, but I keep a PC around too. I recommend that for people who have room, that is if you're at home or in an office with enough room to have two separate desktop computers.

Use your Mac for better productivity and less work administering, but sometimes, my opinion is it's good to have a PC around too.

:Oops: Is this OK to say in Mac-Forums? :Oops:

Absolutely. My gaming machine will likely always be a home made Windows-based machine.

Reaction score
I bought my Macbook when my Shuttle's motherboard died. While waiting on the MB to arrive, I found a shuttle barebones on ebay like it and scavenged the motherboard from it. Now the Mac and PC are networked. So, now I won't corrupt my Mac with bootcamp and XP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
It is good to have a standard PC when the gaming needs surface.. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2009 MacBook Pro  Mid 2007 iMac  4G iPod Touch  iPhone 4S  iPad
I find that doing a Powerpoint presentation on a PC is way easier. Maybe its just me?
I prefer Keynote myself. Maybe I'm just getting used to Macs now. Windows seems really foreign when I'm forced to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
But I already have a PC!

I just hold down alt when booting up to load Windows!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i would love to have a separate pc for gaming, for the time i'm just boot camping it ;)
don't even need to press alt when i reboot
http://refit.sourceforge.net/

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
the only reason i don't have a windows machine (well, my own anyway) is that i got my macbook when my 17" HP laptop melted itself. my wife still has a 15" HP laptop and i have a 14" HP laptop for work, but i would like to have a windows machine of my own that would be capable of some gaming - although an imac would suffice too - since most of what i do is sim city/sims/civilization/tropico/RCT/etc.

so my PS3 and my DS are my main gaming machines now.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
I switched to mac I thought I'd keep my PC for games(As I need Bioshock 2 when it comes out)
But what do you know, I sold it
With the Idea I will play it on PS3 ones it comes out
I have bootcamp for some games and windows appliances
But for most of the time when I need a windows program to open some file or something there is a Mac alternative to open the file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB

My MBP (3 months old) has some serious issues with Office 2008 (even after the "fix"), so I downgraded to Office 2004. Even here, I find all of Office to be really sluggish, and the Windows background glares right through. For example, cmd+right arrow in PowerPoint is like control+right arrow in Windows; instead of moving to the end of the line (the Mac way), PowerPoint moves to the end of the word (the Windows way). I have to use fn+right arrow to go to the end of the line, which actually does something different on the Mac (page down...? I forget).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
I should've bought iWork instead.. Bah.

Andre's right about Microsoft Office for Mac. I had the 2008 for a week. Didn't really work out. Downgraded to 2004. Same thing here. Excel is rather odd at times. Word is still okay.

Reaction score
I should've bought iWork instead.. Bah.

Andre's right about Microsoft Office for Mac. I had the 2008 for a week. Didn't really work out. Downgraded to 2004. Same thing here. Excel is rather odd at times. Word is still okay.

I'm using the Openoffice beta. I've used it for years on PC and seems to run just fine on the mac. It does pretty much everything Office does. My wife has even done powerpoint presentations with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.