network problems

Reaction score
ok so i recently switched about a month and a half ago and now that it is christmas break i have some time to get everything working the way i want. I have everything just about working except for printer sharing. i cannot seem it to work. the epson stylus color 777 is connected to my mom's gateway tower running XP home and zone alarm pro firewall. right now i cannont even see my mom's comp which i am pretty sure is due to the fire wall. if you need anymore info about the comps just ask thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
once you get the firewall taken care of so you see your moms pc, open printer setup utility on your mac, click add printer, in the pop up menu, Im pretty sure its windows printing.
itll look for the printer, let us know what happens there. also, make sure you have file sharing on on both computers.

OP
K
Reaction score
Macman said:
once you get the firewall taken care of so you see your moms pc, open printer setup utility on your mac, click add printer, in the pop up menu, Im pretty sure its windows printing.
itll look for the printer, let us know what happens there. also, make sure you have file sharing on on both computers.

ok so i turned off zone alarm completely to see if i would be able to get to the printer and everything and i see the work group > Comp Name> and then nothing its just blank no printer nothin

also if anyone knows how to use zone alarm so i don't have to shut it off completely that would be of great use....my dad is pretty paranoid about people trying to get into our computers and would kill me if i just left the fire wall off all the time...

lastly i am pretty sure i have file sharing on the pc enabled but to make sure how do u check?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.