iCal syncing weirdness...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB
I've got MobileMe syncing all set up between my iMac, the 'cloud', and my iPhone. Everything has been working fine, but I hadn't tested the iPhone to iMac iCal sync. Til today.

I created a calendar entry on the iPhone and, instead of syncing up to the cloud and down to the iMac, it simply erased it off the iPhone. Not cool at all.

Is this a symptom of the well-known MobileMe problems, or is it something else?

Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Make sure you have MobileMe Synchronize set to automatically in your settings on your iMac.

OP
kbalch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Make sure you have MobileMe Synchronize set to automatically in your settings on your iMac.

Yep, I've got that set. Bookmarks seem to sync properly in both directions.

Maybe I've been under the incorrect assumption, but I believed (and desired when I purchased MobileMe) that any change made on any one of the iMac, MobileMe webapp, or iPhone would instantly (or relatively so) be synced to the other two, with the newer state replacing the older in any comparison mid-sync. Is that not how it's supposed to work?

Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Your assumption was correct. That is how it's supposed to work. I just tested mine and it worked. Are you sure you saved it and then clicked DONE when you were finished.

OP
kbalch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I had it set up correctly, but it just didn't 'take' for some reason. I turned off calendar syncing on my iPhone, then turned it back on. It's working now across all three platforms.

Thanks!

Ken

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.