Getting photos off my iPhone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB
Hi All,

I'd like to be able to mount my iPhone as a device and copy the photos I've taken directly off it to a folder on the Mac. I was able to do this easily in Windows, but can't seem to do it in Leopard. I've tried doing it via Parallel/Windows, but can't see the iPhone there, either.

There must be a way people are doing this... :)

Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4GHZ PROCESSOR / 4GB RAM / 200GB HHD - iPhone 3G 16GB Black
I use Apreture to transfer photos off my iPhone. I would recommend you use iPhoto if you don't have Aperture.

Sorry I can't answer your true question.

OP
kbalch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I did find a workaround via iPhoto. After importing the shots into iPhoto, I right-click on a given photo and select Show File. That'll bring up a Finder window with the file (and all others from its event) in its folder. It's effortless then to copy it wherever.

So, problem solved, if only with an extra step or three.

Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro: 2.66ghz Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 4gb Ram, ATi X1900 XT 512MB, 1TB HDD, 19" LCD
i would also use iphoto, u can transfer to your library, edit them and then drag and drop to your desktop if you wish to file them away and upload them somewhere manually

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
You can also set up a folder that iTunes syncs iPhone photos to...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
You can use Image Capture to download the photos off your iPhone to the folder of your choosing.

OP
kbalch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That'll work. Thanks!

Ken

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.