Installing wallpaper

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I just downloaded a wallpaper I'd like to install as my background, how do I install it? Thanks for any asssitance. Van

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
Put it under Pictures in your home directory. Then, when you go to System Preferences->Desktop & Screen Saver, it should show up under the Pictures Folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
or just open wallpaper preferences window and drag your picture onto the box with you current wallpaper on it...

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I place it in wallpaper,but it doesn't show up on screen when I leave system preferences-what am I doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
Try "finding" it (selecting Pictures on the left side of Preferences and then selecting the file) in Preferences instead of dragging it. Dragging sometimes doesn't work.
Hope this helps.

OP
V
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Finally got it. The drag and drop did the trick. Thanks Guys. Van

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
yea.

Dragging it and dropping it into display preferences is probably the easiest way of doing it...

Reaction score
Or if you want to put it in with the rest of your desktop pictures (Wallpapers) then put it in:-

Macintosh HD - Library - Desktop Pictures

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.