Screen Fade + FireFox issues

Reaction score
Hey all,

Been loving my MBP, about 3 weeks in so far.

Couple issues:

1) When running on battery, every so often, the screen will fade, then come back. Not fade all the way to black, just like a couple of clicks of the "brightness button". It's doing it as I type this... Any ideas?

2) Firefox. Occasionally, I'll type something into the Google bar, hit enter, and it won't do anything? Or I'll try to go to site, and it won't go.... Seems to be fixed if I completely quit FF, but it will eventually come back....

Thanks
Matt

Reaction score
The firefox thing happens to me too. Like when you try to go to a site, it just acts as if you have done nothing and says done at the bottom left. I just quit FF as you said and it works, but I have no reason why it happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
1. When you move your hand over the keyboard to type, you are covering the light sensor which automatically changes the screen brightness based on the ambient light. I believe the option to change this is under System Preferences>Energy Saver or Displays.
2. No idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
The same thing used to happen when I used Firefox. I think it might just be a bug. Did you try another internet browser to see if the problem persists?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.