Need Best Program for Video Chat

Reaction score
Hey Everyone..I have a problem...

I just got a macbook which I am super excited about and i love it but i have one problem. I have a girlfriend who lives quite a ways away and we talk to each other via webcam on msn. She has a pc and it worked fine when I had a pc but I realized that msn does not support video chat on the mac. What is the best program for me to use that will have the best video chat? I downloaded skype for mac..and it's ok. I've had some problems with it cutting off calls every ten minutes but I'm dealing with it. I tried Ichat and she signed up for AIM but we couldn't get the video to work. And I don't think AIM has good video anyway. Does yahoo work on macs? I dunno...i'm lost. I'm hoping I can get something that works because I got the mac so that I would be able to move around the house and I was sick of pcs. Can you help me? Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Have you tried aMSN?

OP
T
Reaction score
What is it? I have the window's messenger that comes with Microsoft office for mac but i'm pretty sure it doesn't support the video feature.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
What is it? I have the window's messenger that comes with Microsoft office for mac but i'm pretty sure it doesn't support the video feature.

Click the link ;)

It's an open source variant on MSN Messenger, has full video support on the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
I just use iChat but I see it dosent work which is odd. A lot of my friends have it and it works but Yahoo is great for video chatting I hear.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
skype is the best cross-platform one I've used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Have you fully updated your mac to the latest version of ichat?

OP
T
Reaction score
Skype isn't working well. Picture is horrible and it keeps shutting off so we quit that. I think i have the most recent iChat.. We are using amsn and it's working out great so far! Thanks a bunch for the recommendations. Only bummer is amsn doesn't seem to have voice besides the sending the voice clip. But we'll deal with it. Thanks :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.