I've Switched...

R

r3nt4c0p

I've been a die hard pc user, and made fun of macs from time to time. Although i've always liked something about the iBooks and Powerbooks. I still use my pc, but I'm posting this off of my new 14" 60gb, 256 ram (soon to be upgraded), built in airport iBook. I got it for $850 brand new with tax, and so far I'm very pleased with it! I just need to learn all the tricks, because i've always used windows.

Cheers,
-Eric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Welcome.....yes...another convert...It won't be long before you see how awesome OS X really is, and then ditch the PC....

OP
D

Danster

It's like living in a four bedroom house with a patio it's ok better than a horrible flat then you win the lottery and buy a mansion(mac) and you relise how good/better it is and you wont go back to your old house(XP) unless the wife kicks you out and got nowere to go ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
wecome to the forums, and congrats on the switch, youll never look back, now your coputer life really starts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Wait. A brand new iBook for 850? Isn't that a little...450 bucks less than Apple's price?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yup, I have friends that work for apple and lend me their discounts on top of the student discount, I recently purchased a emac w/ superdrive for $475 USD for my niece and nephews. I love apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4
Im not so happy about my $50 student discount on my ibook anymore, lol.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I look at this way. The discount may not be much, but it does pay for the taxes on the system.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.