so I just got my Macbook Pro...

Reaction score
I'm wondering what kind of games I can succesfully run on it.

Specifics:
- 2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
- GeForce 8600M GT graphics card w/ 512 MB VRAM

I use to be a huge Starcraft geek back in the day, and am really looking forward to Starcraft II. Will I be able to run games like that? And if my Macbook Pro can, what's the best way to do that? I heard Leopard supports Windows, or you can do bootcamp, or other things, but I really don't know what these things are. I'm a new mac user so be gentle! Thanks for any help you can give me,

Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
mikepm07,

If you install XP using the Mac Boot Camp program, you will get native XP speeds, so yes, it's decent for gaming with the MBP and the discreet graphics you have, and especially with a 2.5 CPU. Boot Camp is a Mac program that lets you import Windows into a Windows partition on your Macbook Pro. But before you try to install Windows, though, go to your Applications>Utilities> Boot Camp Assistant.app and open it. On the front page there is a button called Print Installation & Setup Guide. Print it and read it, use it when you install and everything should work fine.

4GB RAM would improve things, too...

I can't attest to specific games, but do a little search here about games and I'm sure you find some info...

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
If you install WindowsXP through bootcamp, you will pretty much be able to run any game...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.