Part-time eBay seller switching to Macbook

Reaction score
In a few days I will be switching from an IBM ThinkPad to a MacBook. I sell stuff on eBay part-time. I'm looking for suggestions on how to do the following:

1. I take pictures of the items I'm selling using my digital camera. I then use MSN Picture It! to crop the pictures. Will I use iPhoto now?
2. I then right-click the pictures and use "Photo Gadget Picture Resize" to create smaller pictures, keeping the larger pictures also. iPhoto again?
3. I then edit an HTML template file using FrontPage. I also use FrontPage to upload my pictures to a web server. What will I use to replace this?
4. I then use eBay's Turbo Lister program to create the listings and upload them to eBay. It looks like they were working on a Mac version but it wasn't released. Any replacements for this?

Thanks!

Reaction score
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yikes...that may be an issue, if everything you have is frontpage driven. If not, iWeb, but others may need to weight in on this for you.
4) don't know...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Numbers 3 & 4, I highly recommend iSale. It makes this pretty much seamless and a lot less complicated than what you're using now.

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
Also on 3 - iWeb can do it

On 4, if you really love turbo lister, remember that your mac can run windows (either via bootcamp or virtual machine). You can use that system until they come out with the mac version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
I've used iSale before and it's pretty good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
jroller - Can you enlighten me how you resize pictures in iPhoto (as opposed to simply cropping). Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.