What Apple To Get, All Opinions Welcome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Ok...Well I just pounded my 3rd pack of cigarettes, and to put it quite bluntly, I'm stressing the HECK out.
So, my dad's girlfriend got out of rehab on Saturday and bless her, I think she's over her addiction. Anyways she befriended someone at rehab who is an alcoholic. Well on Saturday, my dad's girlfriend called me to let me know that this person she befrended needed a place to crash for a couple of days and right then red flags were sent up...But I trust my dad's girlfriend so what the hey...All is welcome here...Her friend wanted to use my laptop after a couple of hours that she was here and I didn't see the problem in it, but I let it known to PLEASE be careful with my powerbook because it is my BABY and it is the only material possession I am completely bonded to. Needless to say, the girl got hammered that night, and while I was sleeping, snuck into my room, used my laptop...And...Spilled...Beer...All...Over...The...Trackpad...So I sold the powerbook on ebay for $320 the next day after I took a long, long, long walk to cool off.
So now that I need a new laptop, my question is this...I have $450...What should I get? The 1.67s on ebay are way out of my price range and I need a laptop pronto as I'm starting school in 2 weeks. I REALLY Don't want a 12" ibook/powerbook because the screen drives me nuts. I'd really really love to get my hands on a 1.42 GHz iBook but I feel that I'm really limiting myself there because you can only max out the RAM to 1GB. Help. What should I get for $450. I can't even think, I need your help guys...I'm just beyond...yeah....This face ::Shouting: is an understatement....
I even threw a poll in for the fun of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook mid level 2.2ghz 2gb ram, 120gb HD
In the future, keep the the lappy away from other people too ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I'd get the least expensive one possible that's still useful so you can get started on saving up for something better down the road. Also, I'd go with the 12" version of an iBook over the 14" version since they have the same display resolution anyway (therefore no benefit to the 14" screen and it's just more expensive), and you might like the smaller/lighter package. I suppose this would make my recommendations out of those have to be the 12" 1.33 GHz iBook G4. Try and make sure to get a model that comes with Tiger, since it actually still gets security updates and whatnot, unlike Panther. You may not like the situation as much as what you had going before with your large PowerBook, but you just have to do the best with what you have here... this is no time to be picky.

And remember: just because you trust someone doesn't mean you have to trust his/her friends, especially if there are blatant red flags like the person being an alcoholic. I'd also see about getting compensated by that person if you could, since she's clearly at huge fault here. I'm sure your dad's girlfriend would agree. As long as you're polite about it, no one reasonable should get offended.

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
And remember: just because you trust someone doesn't mean you have to trust his/her friends, especially if there are blatant red flags like the person being an alcoholic. I'd also see about getting compensated by that person if you could, since she's clearly at huge fault here. I'm sure your dad's girlfriend would agree. As long as you're polite about it, no one reasonable should get offended.

Yeah that'd be great...Except she has no money whatsoever...lol..I can't stand 12" screens, they hurt my eyes...Lol. The alcoholism was no big deal to me, I was an alcoholic at one point too...Red flags went up when I saw the girl hahaha..I think a G4 processor with 1 gigahertz and a 14-15" screen will be just fine for me. However I've noticed the prices for computers on ebay for the past two weeks have been completely outrageous...It must be because people are going back to school?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.