two questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac|MacBook
firstly, i use firefox for internet, and when searching something simple into google, when i click on a link sometimes im redirected to an advertisement that has nothing to do with what i was searching.. then i will go back to google and try it again and it will work this time, always works the second time. not a big deal but very annoying, is there an adaware type of program for mac that will get rid of any spyware on my mac?

second, i downloaded an avi file, the video works but the sound doesnt. i converted the file to mp4 and the vid and audio work. i use flip4mac, i just thought this was weird, anything i can do?

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
To answer your first question: MacScan.

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you're being lured into the Google sponsored ads. Since you're using Firefox (like a good lad/lass) I highly recommend installing AdBlock Plus!

AVI is a container format, therefore the audio and video streams can be anything. But yes, VLC is the bomb. MPlayer is rather good too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
Search pop up

I have same problem, Where do you get MacScan? Ad Block for Firefox doesn't cut it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I have same problem with search pop up. Where does one get MacScan? Adblock for Firefox doesn't cut it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.