Where's my macbook!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 2.2 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, Super Drive
Soo my macbook was picked up by fedex on July 31st at 8:05pm. Since then:

Departed Fedex Location at 7:52AM on August 1st from Sacramento, CA

At 11:01AM on August 1st it is in transit to Reno, NV

That's it. No other data is listed. Being Monday, August 4th at 11:48am there is still no update. I checked the tracking online Saturday and my estimated delivery was pushed back a day. What gives fedex?! Where's my package?!

I beginning to worry that my macbook won't make it here by the estimated delivery date?! I did a quick google search and apparently fedex doesn't update that often but still! It can't take 5 days (4 days minus sunday) to move a package from Sacramento to Reno. It takes 1 1/2 hours to drive that distance ( I checked on google). I just want my macbook!

Anyone else experience slow shipping with fedex?

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
Contact Fedex about it
They might give you some better info on where the package is right now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
Yes, I would contact Fedex. Its hard to wait enough the estimated time they give you so I can imagine your pain. I share your distress and I hope it gets there soon!

OP
tkim
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, I would contact Fedex. Its hard to wait enough the estimated time they give you so I can imagine your pain. I share your distress and I hope it gets there soon!

I waited until this morning to see if there would be an update monday night but there wasn't.

Apparently my macbook is being driven to Salt Lake City?! The scheduled delivery date is tomorrow...We'll see if it gets here. I'm guessing they are gonna put it on a plane and fly it to KY and then have it ready to deliver by tomorrow?! Crosses fingers =/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook: 2GHz C2D, 2.5GB memory, 160GB HDD
Try to not worry. From what I've experienced, FedEx can be a bit lacking in updating their tracking info until the day of delivery. I've never had them be more than a day late, though.

Side note, where in KY are you located?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 14gb ram 24" LED Cd & 23" Cd
oh just relax. it will get there exactly at the right time it was supposed to ;)

OP
tkim
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Try to not worry. From what I've experienced, FedEx can be a bit lacking in updating their tracking info until the day of delivery. I've never had them be more than a day late, though.

Side note, where in KY are you located?

I'm not really worried about it but I'm anxious to get my grubby hands on it! I got the RAM that I ordered on friday in yesterday and now it's sitting on my kitchen table eagerly awaiting the macbook ;D

I currently live in Lexington, btw.

oh just relax. it will get there exactly at the right time it was supposed to ;)

And it's easy for you to say when you are probably responding to my post on your macbook! Makes me jealous!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB Ram, LED HD display, 200GB 7200RPM HD, 2.6GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Macbook 2.4Ghz
In my experiences, UPS and FedEx both have difficulty keeping their online tracking up to date. One time I had a package arrive and it took 2 days after I got it before the online tracking showed that it had even arrived in my state.

OP
tkim
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In my experiences, UPS and FedEx both have difficulty keeping their online tracking up to date. One time I had a package arrive and it took 2 days after I got it before the online tracking showed that it had even arrived in my state.

Weird. I guess it's hit or miss because UPS has always done a fairly decent job updating the tracking online.

The few packages I got from fedex were decent at tracking as well The tracking for it says it's still en route to reno, NV. Hopefully I'll get an update tonight or tomorrow morning.

I was planning on signing the waiver for them to leave it and watch it closely while at work. Whenever it shows up as being delivered I would just go home and grab it so it's not sitting out all day but with this questionable updates I guess I'll hafta try to pick it up later tomorrow or hope they come later on Thursday. Which is not want I want since I'm anxious to get it in anyways :Shouting:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mackbook 2.16gHz, 2gb, 120 HD. iPhone 3g 16gb.
I wouldn't worry too much. In the shipping/logistics industry the tracking info is based off of when that particular piece was scanned by a scanner (mostly a tunnel in a auto sort facility, and with the hand scanner on pickup and delivery) and that is transmitted to the website accordingly. With it sitting for a few days my guess would be that the trailer it was in was either missed on friday or some fed-ex locations only process sat. delivery freight on fridays.

I would definately go over it with a fine toothed come when you receive it though. somtimes a delay is caused by a stop in Quality Control (AKA it was damaged in a auto sort)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 1 TB HD, ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB, Bootcamp 3.0
A Fedex employee probably realized what it was and stole it. It's happened to a friend of mine before, they were able to forge a fake delivery as well so they couldn't be blamed for the loss. Good luck, hopefully it's only a delay. Otherwise, bummer dude.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.