iMac G5

M

mauly

Is the current iMacG5 at apple.co.uk the first edition iMacG5 or has there been a later edition since the launch of the iMacG5? my main question is, when is there likely to be an upgrade?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
There hasn't been a revision yet to the iMac G5. I wouldn't be surprised to see one annouced at MWSF in January.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
schweb said:
There hasn't been a revision yet to the iMac G5. I wouldn't be surprised to see one annouced at MWSF in January.

I wouldn't ever expect a product update until about 6 months from the products last update...The iMac G5 is in mid product cycle(according to Macrumors)..If you feel prepared to wait another 3 months for an update, by all means, go ahead...But if you can't, I'm positive you'll be happy with it what they have now...After all, consumers don't even need the power that the iMac has...

OP
D

Danster

ApplejustWorks said:
After all, consumers don't even need the power that the iMac has...

All the applications out at the moment are currently only using the speed of the G5 not the power and i dont think we will see that for a long time.

also it might be worth the wait to see if the iMac comes with a better graphics card or an upgradible option

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.