how do setup another laptop as a second monitor

Reaction score
So I'm doing a lot of legal work that requires comparing documents, and my macbook display is too small to reasonably accommodate multiple documents and webpages side-by-side.

On CNET I saw a video (search CNET TV: "use your laptop as second monitor") which gave a quick overview of how to use another laptop as a second monitor. Does anyone know what cable I need to connect my macbook to another laptop? Any other tips on setting up a second monitor?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
You're misunderstanding what they are doing. They have one laptop and one external monitor. The laptop is functioning as the cpu. They "nifty trick" they are using is to set the external monitor as the primary display and the laptop as the secondary display. They are NOT using two laptops.

If you need extra room, pick up an external display cheap from dell or newegg or wherever - they tend to be less than $200.

Reaction score
I have found legit monitors at places such as good will or savers for 5 bucks. I've bought 3 monitors from there and gave them to my buddies when they needed one and I currently use the 23" flat panel lcd I bought from their for 12 dollars. Amazing quality. Just look out for bargains.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.