iTunes problem w/new iMac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB
Well, I've gotten a leg up on getting the new iMac set up. One snag, though:

iTunes is telling me (when I try to sync my iPhone), that some 28 songs weren't synced, as this computer isn't authorized to play them.

I've already authorized the iMac from within iTunes, so I'm somewhat at a loss as to what I'm missing here.

Any suggestions?

Ken

Reaction score
Where did these 28 songs come from?

i.e. Imported from a CD, downloaded from iTunes, etc.

Try playing the songs from within iTunes - what happens then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Did you download the songs or did they come from somewhere else

Do you need to authorise those particular songs separately

OP
kbalch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB
Those songs were originally downloaded from iTunes. When I attempted to play one from within iTunes (I should have thought of this last night...), I was prompted for my password. I was then told that the computer was now authorized and I had used 4 of the 5 authorizations. It apparently didn't 'take' for some reason when I authorized the computer yesterday, at least from within the application, as the authorization count indexed correctly from with the iTunes store itself.

So, the good news is that those songs have now properly synced. That bad news is that the iTunes software thinks I've used four authorizations. The accounts page of the iTunes store, however, thinks (correctly) that I've only used two of my authorizations.

Puzzling, to say the least, though at least my music is all working now...

Ken

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.