Another stupid question...

Reaction score
I sent an email with attachments from my work PC (.doc) to my home email account. I now want to save those attachments on my iMac. How do I do this? I thought I could just drag the attachment into NeoOffice, but that did not work.

I know it has to be something ridiculously easy!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Was NeoOffice able to open the attachment at all? If the file was a Word document (Word 97 - 2003) NeoOffice should have been able to open it. Once opened it can then be saved in your Documents folder.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
When you open the email there should be a bit that says Attachments under all the to and from business - click on Save. Mine goes to my Downloads folder. Or you can scroll to the attachment itself, right click and select Save Attachment... to put it wherever you want.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks guys. When I clicked the save button, it dropped it into the Downloads folder. How do you set a default to make it go to the My Documents folder?

I ended up just dragging the documents individually into the My Documents folder in Finder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If you go to Mail> Preferences, under the general tab there's an option for the downloads folder about 2/3 of the way down the list. Set it to whatever you fancy.

Hope you're enjoying the Mac :).

Reaction score
if NeoOffice is set to open .doc files, you can just double-click on the attachment icon in Mail and it will open

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.