firewire probbssss

N

nikoaaa

aight i have big problems
i bought a videocamera last week , and today a firewire kable, but is just realized that i dont have like one of those outputs , dunno how u call it , , ill explain : i can plug the little thing of my firewirekable into my camera , but i dont have like a output to plug the big end of the firewire kable in...

so , did anyone ever have a prob like that? cause i dont know what to do , and i dont know if there s anything to do about it .....:s
cause i have my cam , got some footage from skateboarding on it , but i really wanna edit , is it possible like ( in a mac store or something ) that they put a firewire card in my mac so i can connect my cable to my mac? or are there any other solutions ?

plzz let me know!!!
greetz

( ps , i dont have that much money anymore, i spent it all on the cam , so if anyone would know if there is a salution , what would it cost? )

mucho grazias ;)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Need a little more information. Like what kind of computer do you have?
Also what kind of camera do you have?

All of the current models have firewire ports on them. I know the older G3 did not have firewire or usb. I install an usb/firewire pci card on my G3 powermac.

Looking at the fire wire cable you should have a 6 pin to 4 pin. The 4 pin side will plug into the cmaera, whereas the 6 pin side will plug in to the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yea, add a firewire pci card or replace your current motherboard with one that has onboard firewire ports, that is located where there are holes for upgrades.

OP
N

nikoaaa

so i have a mac from 1999 , with no firewire port or something like that ,
i have a samsung vp-d30 , and yes , a firewire kable with 4 pins and 6 pins ,

do you think that they could solve this problem in the apple store?

OP
N

nikoaaa

nikoaaa said:
so i have a mac from 1999 , with no firewire port or something like that ,
i have a samsung vp-d30 , and yes , a firewire kable with 4 pins and 6 pins ,

do you think that they could solve this problem in the apple store?

nevermind guys , just called to the apple store here in belgium , they said there is nothing to do about it, so i just bought a 400 euro camera , i saved every cent to buy it , and i can do nothing with it, so i m so angry right now

OP
D

Desolate One

nikoaaa said:
nevermind guys , just called to the apple store here in belgium , they said there is nothing to do about it, so i just bought a 400 euro camera , i saved every cent to buy it , and i can do nothing with it, so i m so angry right now

I'm sure return policies are not only native to the US. Go return the cam.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.