• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie Problems

Reaction score
1. Only half of the effects will work, when i click on some of the effects an error noise can be heard and then when i click apply this message appears -
2j0lg7k.png

2. For the effects that let me select and apply them they don't render and the red bar just stay like this -
2ufbxv9.png

Please help me with this if you can as I need to get this video finished.

Reaction score
Greetings jjby.

Can you let us know what effect you are trying to render and how long is the clip you are working on?

iMovie 08 or 06?

Cheers Mitcherooney

OP
J
Reaction score
The clip that wont render is less than a second long but it wont work for any clip of any length. The effect I am trying to use is earthquake and I am using iMovie 06

Reaction score
Hello again.

Well, I've tried to simulate the problem with a one second clip(!) and something a bit more realistic - one second isn't really long enough to see the effect, surely. The point is, it works for me.
The only suggestion that springs to mind is that the whole project (particularly any discarded bits of the movie) are clogging up the system. Check to see how there is in your project trash (bottom right hand corner). If there's a lot, empty it. IMovie will ask you to save the project. Then try again. Hope this might be a solution to your problem. Let me know. Chhers M

OP
J
Reaction score
cheers for the help mate, just tried it and it still wont work, i'm starting to think that it is a problem with my computer because i'm just lost for ideas on how to fix it. I really appreciate the help though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.