Mac Not Downloading Programs Properly!

Reaction score
Hey guys

Yeah I just got the latest Mac, which ain't bad.

But I try Download Programs such as: MSN Live Messenger, or a Auto Clicker and it just comes up with Coded Words..?:eek:

Can someone tell me why this is happening?

Thanks ;)

jacko

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You are downloading Windows Applications? If so, a Mac is not Windows. It runs OSX and OSX does not run Windows applications. I am guessing what you mean here but that is my take on what is happening.

OP
J
Reaction score
Aww Yeah, thats a bummer :( I want my Windows back lol, So much more simpler. But oh well, Apparently this Mac can't get Viruses.. lol

Thanks anyway I guess

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Aww Yeah, thats a bummer :( I want my Windows back lol, So much more simpler. But oh well, Apparently this Mac can't get Viruses.. lol

Thanks anyway I guess

It would be quite simple if you were downloading the Mac versions of these programs, unfortunately you're expecting a Mac to be able to run Windows software and it does not (although there are many ways to do so). Before you get bummed out, might I suggest doing a bit more research to broaden your understanding of the computer you just purchased? In particular, I would recommend sites like this and this and this.

You can easily get Microsoft Messenger for Mac here. I'm not sure about the other program you mentioned, but typically there is a Mac-based tool available as an alternative to the Windows programs you're accustomed to.

Also, I'm moving your thread over to the Switcher's forum, since this is not the place for these kinds of questions.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
I wouldn't say 'Oh I want my windows back' until you get used to OS X because it is different but in many cases suits its users better for what they need.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.