Application- own Uninstaller feature

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
How and where can you find or know if an application has it's own uninstaller? Sometimes when I download a program and find I don't like it I just drag it into trash or use appzapper. But where do you see if a program has it's own uninstaller which would be the preferred way of doing it? How can you tell? In windows I knew where to look, in Mac I don't.
Thanks for a reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
If it had one, it would probably install the application inside a folder (within the Application folder itself). For example, Flip4Mac actually creates a folder, and in that folder is an uninstaller.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" alum iMac 2.4 3 gigs ram
Okay Thyamine, thanks for the reply. I checked inside flip4Mac and I noticed the uninstaller in there. So in other words before trashing an app I should just look for the uninstaller in the program itself. Thanks again for the insight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Yep. 75% of apps go straight in the trash (the icons are really folders that you don't have access to by default). The others should have an uninstaller.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.