iTunes Importing Frozen

D

Desolate One

Hey guys, just archiving more CDs today and left the room to recharge the humidor downstairs. When I came back the last song was still importing but there wasn't a status up top (time remaining and such) I tried to eject the disk and nothing. Wot happened??? Now I have the spinning beach ball and can't do anything w/ iTunes. Wot can I do?

Thanks again.

OP
D

Desolate One

New development...

I had to force quit iTunes, then restarted it. iTunes didn't recognize that I had a disk in the combo drive so I tried to eject it via F12. Kernel Panic up the arse. I restarted and repaired permissions. Now I'm updating you gurus. Wot just happened?

Thanks again.

OP
D

Desolate One

Okay, must be the CD. I duplicated the problem. So all in all unfortunately I wont get the last track on this CD. :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yea, if the track is scratched on the cd, itunes will get stuck on it and not import it, another thing you can do is insert the disc, and open it in the finder, where you see the tracks, drag and drop the last track onto your hd. if the cd is too scratched, this wont work, do you have one of those disc resurfacers? theyre great.

OP
D

Desolate One

I tend to keep all my CDs mint... Just a bit paranoid over something like this happening. I'll give the finder option a shot to see if I can get that last track over.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.