Purchased 1st Macbook

Reaction score
I just purchased my 1st Macbook or should I say that I have made the switch. I really like it so far but I still need to learn a lot with this new OS.

I do have one question regarding Macs and that is, why don't Macs come with antivirus software? Shouldn't I have it on my macbook? If so, where do I go to get it?

How do I know if I have spyware or a virus on my system? I'm a little worried about ordering over the net for the fear that someone might swipe my info.

Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Because you don't need it. It's part of one of the things you need to learn to live with in Mac OS X that is different from Windows. They don't get viruses or spyware, and thus you need not worry about that aspect of using your new computer.

Hit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz
There are some anti virus software from Norton, but don't fall for it it's bad software as I like to call it
Mac can't get affected by viruses or spyware or anything bad, so you won't need an anti-virus software
And if there is a leak found(rarely) or anything Apple provides a free update to solve it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.