Why?

Z

zeppster

Why do the forums move at different times of the day? Is somebody doing this or is it doing it automaticly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'm unsure of what you're referring to. We don't move the forums anywhere. Do you have a specific example?

OP
Z

zeppster

I'll start taking screenshots, they just moved like an hour ago. Maybe I'm going crazy:(

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
When you say move. Do you mean the number of posts?

OP
Z

zeppster

rman said:
When you say move. Do you mean the number of posts?

No No, I mean the actual sections are moving to different... well let me just give an example.

The following example didn't necisarilly happen just like this but this is just an example.

HYPOTHETICAL:

This thread is in MAC-FORUMS.COM* > COMMUNITY INFORMATION CENTER > SUGGESTIONS / COMMENTS > Why? > ::: at 6:00 PM

At 9:00 it is now changed to MAC-FORUMS.COM* > GENERAL HARDWARE > SUGGESTIONS / COMMENTS > Why? >

Again, maybe I'm crazy :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are times when posts are moved because they were intially posted in the wrong forums. That's probably what you're seeing. We try to keep things organized and easy to find that way :)

OP
Z

zeppster

No its not the thread, its the entire forum being moved to a different section. Don't worry, I'll take screenshots next time it happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If it's more than the thread, I'm not sure why it would be happening. There's certainly nothing that we're doing here. It must be an issue with your browser. Have you tried clearing your cache?

OP
Z

zeppster

It happened, the only thing is that I'm not on my computer right now, i'm on a friend's. As soon as I get back home and i have both pictures I will show you.

OP
Z

zeppster

never mind it just changed( 12:00 midnight ET). Wait... How do I post a picture? Thats sad really, that I have never had to post a picture on a forum.

OP
Z

zeppster

wait wait wait.. I figured it out. When you aren't logged in the "member discounts" forum dissapears, but when you log in it re-appears. I guess thats what I... :black: ... well at leaast I know I'm not insane ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
zeppster said:
... well at leaast I know I'm not insane ;)

Yes, but do others know?

OP
B

Badger

Speaking of a forum anomoly; When I open most forums the content fits within the Safari window. However, when I open the "OS X operating system" forum the content is too wide for the window and I must scroll over to see the info columns on the right. As far as I've seen that is the only forum that does that. (This is on a 17" eMac screen set at 1024x768.)

OP
Z

zeppster

Badger said:
Speaking of a forum anomoly; When I open most forums the content fits within the Safari window. However, when I open the "OS X operating system" forum the content is too wide for the window and I must scroll over to see the info columns on the right. As far as I've seen that is the only forum that does that. (This is on a 17" eMac screen set at 1024x768.)

It happens to me too this is because there are 40-something pages and it is the forum with the most threads.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
at least you figured it out...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.