New iMac ordered...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz, 500GB, 4GB
My new iMac is on its way. I ordered the 24", 2.8GHz, 2GB (to be upgraded to 4GB from Crucial), GeForce, 500GB, system with wireless keyboard & mouse. I can't wait for it to get here!

Many years ago when the world was younger (and so was I), I replaced my TRS-80 Model 1 & a Commodore 64 with the Mac 128K. A few years later, it made way for a Mac Plus. It, in turn, yielded to a Mac IIcx. That was the last Mac I owned until placing the order for the new iMac a few minutes ago. It's great to be back in the fold.

More to come, no doubt... :)

Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac, macbook, iphone4S, ipad2
Welcome matey! You won't look back!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Welcome back to the clan of Macintosh users. And best of luck with the imac.

srp

Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase. My sister has that model and she (and I) love it. In fact, I was the first in my family to buy a Mac (a MacBook). She loved it. The time came when she wanted a computer of her own and debated between a Windows machine (as suggested by her husband) and a Mac (suggested by me). She chose the Mac. :) The only thing I don't like about the situation is that she has a bigger Mac than I do!

OP
kbalch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks to all for the kind words. I've been preparing for the big move back to Mac for a while now. All my files are ready, and I've read Pogue's Missing Manual for OS X at least twice through.

I'm sure I'll be back with questions, though, throughout the (hopefully brief) settling in period.

Regards,
Ken

OP
kbalch
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's here!!

The new iMac arrived today and I'm busily getting it set up. I love it already. Right out of the box, everything worked.

I spent fifteen minutes the other day getting my printer to talk to my HP laptop via USB (had to name & designate a new port). Today I just plugged in the printer's USB cable and, in maybe five seconds, the Mac had it all set up and ready to go. Wow.

Back to work... :)

Ken

Reaction score
Today I just plugged in the printer's USB cable and, in maybe five seconds, the Mac had it all set up and ready to go. Wow.

Back to work... :)

Ken

This is your first actual introduction to the reason you so consistently hear Mac users say: it just works! There will be more you'll experience along those lines.

Welcome to the Mac.

Back to pleasure...;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.