Choosing Used Macbook. I am Noob

Reaction score
Ok I'm in need of a laptop and there is no way I am going back to HP,Dell,etc.
Anyways I only have 1k to spend. I will be buying it through craigslist.org

Which one should I choose. I want 4gb of ram because I'm a graphic designer and I dont want any lag at all like pc :Shouting: :Shouting:

First choice for $850
2.16ghz
-Intel core 2 duo
-1 GB SDRAM
-120 GB Memory
-Plus an 80GB external HD
CAN I UPGRADE TO 4GB FOR THAT MB MODEL?

Second Choice for $1000
CPU - 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo
RAM - 4GB
HD - 120GB
LCD - 13.3"
Optical Drive - SuperDrive (DVD +/- RW)
WIFI - Wireless b/g/n

Another Question: Is there only 1 type of screen for macbook or is there like glossy or led? Sorry this will be my first mac and I have no knowledge what I should be looking for.

I never want to return to windows again :*( lag ftl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2GHZ, 2GB RAM, 160GIG HD, 15INCH GLOSSY.
i know you said you only had 1k to spend but why not get the credit card through apple...then put down 1k as soon as you get the first bill. Then you can atleast but a Refurb and get a 15inch LCD. Especially if you are doing graphic Design. Unless you hook up an external Monitor.

I don't see an option on their website talking about Glossy or Non glossy for the macbook only on the Macbook pro's. I don't think LED came out in this model just yet. I have a Macbook Pro 2.2 and I was one of the first to get an LED screen.

Again though go to the website and on the left hand side of the store you will see discounts you might be able to get a really good 15inch for say 1500. This might be better for you.

OP
L
Reaction score
so led screen is best for gfx then? thats what i was thinking but i didnt know if macbooks had it i know pro's do though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.2GHZ, 2GB RAM, 160GIG HD, 15INCH GLOSSY.
LED screen is brand new...they are brighter and last longer...i believe i found an article saying that the new macbooks have this technology..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.