tv tuner

jdm

Reaction score
I'm going off to college and I wanted to watch some tv so I was looking into some tv tuners, but some off it doesn't make since. So I thought I would drop a line and ask you guys. Thx

I'm looking for a tv tuner that can do antinae and coaxal calbe. I have looked at the elagot, but they are epensive. $140 for one. I also have looked at another one, but I got confused with it. Thank for the help. Suggestions and advice welcomed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Here's one place you can look:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/memory/MacBook/DDR2/

TV tuners in general are not going to be inexpensive. Expect to pay anywhere from $120 on up. :( As for using one from an antenna, forget it. With all digital TV coming into play next February, I wouldn't worry about it. A good tuner which can do cable, satellite, and record programs like a TiVo is what you want. ;)

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (17" Unibody, 2.93GHz, 8GB DRR3, 320GB 7200, Anti-Glare Screen)
I have an El Gato EyeTV Hybrid and I absolutely love it. I can easily record and edit my shows for on my Mac or iPhone, which for me is a huge bonus. The included component/S-Video cable also lets me hook up my old Nintendo 64, which I'm having a blast with. It's a tad rough on the wallet, but overall it's a great product that is well worth the cost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Unibody
I am also running an EyeTV and love it! Works great, never had a problem with it at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.