iTunes Authorization

Reaction score
Hope you guys can help me. I restored my MacBook and then copies my iTunes library back to its original locations. I can not authorize my music I purchased via iTunes when I had a UK iTunes account. I moved to Australia 12 months ago an then converted my UK iTunes account to Australian. The music I have purchased since being in Australia is authorized and plays ok.

How can I authorize the music I purchased when my account was a UK account?

HELP!:(

EdH

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro(5.1), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB hdd
I would contact Apple support for iTunes. I have found their customer service to be top-notch. If you can show the music was legitimately purchased, they should be able to do something.

I have had 2 positive support experiences from Apple to date. The first was when I went through a number of computers in a short time and used up the five authorizations for purchased music. I explained the problem and they immediately reset the authorizations to zero. The second was recently when I made the switch from windows and ended up restoring my iPod Touch when I set it up on the macbook. My software upgrade from last January didn't show up (weather, mail, etc..) They suggested I upgraded to 2.0 and they would refund the purchase, as the original upgrade was no longer available. I don't know what levels of service others here have experienced in dealing with Apple support, but for me it has been excellent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.