Hotmail Problems

SCS

Reaction score
Just switched to Mac. :D Pretty cool, but am having problems using Hotmail. After every second or third click in Hotmail the window cuts out to just show the rollover ad that is usually active during regular surfing:eek: . Always have to refresh the page to get the inbox back. The problem happens over and over. Incredibly annoying and makes hotmail unusable:Shouting: . Anybody had this problem - could really use some help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's a Macbook 2.1 so yea u can find out the specs from that! it's pretty sweet that's all i'm sayin
I am a new switcher too m8, since yesterday! i haven't had problems hotmail
per-say but i have and still do have problems with MSN messenger. And yes i have downloaded the mac version of msn from the official mac site so it shouldn't be faulty. It always says that i am "either not connected to the internet of the sevice is not working" i have no idea what the problem is. I have checked the firewall and i don't think that is the problem. so yer i am stuck an i would like to resolve this asap, but i only got this mac 2 days ago

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
I haven't used Hotmail in a while SCS, but try using Firefox and see if that works better for you than Safari. I prefer it over just about everything regardless.

OP
S

SCS

Reaction score
Please excuse what is probably a big time rookie question - but how do you switch to Firefox from Safari? Can it be downloaded?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
alMB, 2.0C2D, 2GB, 500GB, SD, etc
OP
S

SCS

Reaction score
So far so good. Now I need to figure out how to use Firefox - but even if I just use it for Hotmail and don't have the problems anymore - thank y'all much.

SCS

Reaction score
Im using hotmail and my problem is there is no option to attach photos to an email like on windows. Since the past 3 days im unable to open my inbox. It asks me for the password and all and then the web address keeps changing and nothing ever shows up!!! Please help.

OP
S

SCS

Reaction score
Shail422 - I used to have the same problem. Are you using Safari? Go to Safari, preferences, security, show cookies and then removal all (probably don't need to remove all, but it is easier). You should now be able to log in. This problem will keep happening, though. I downloaded Firefox from Mozilla and access hotmail through Firefox -have not had a problem since.

To attach pictures, hit the paperclip next to the header attach files on the page you are getting ready to send. It will bring up a page where you can type in the source for your attachment or hit browse to find it. You can attach a picture or file.

Hope this helps.

SCS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.