should I?

Reaction score
hi, my brother bought a macbook pro last year and it is amazing, i use it sometimes but i have an old advent laptop with windows xp on it. the main reason i want a mac is because of the music recording software. i play guitar and drums and my band can record off it. the downfall is it will put me back around £1500... i could maybe get one for christmas and my birthday. should i wait for a new model or should i buy it when i can get a free ipod touch? i could probably persuade my dad to get it for me early, plus around january he was thinking about buying an imac for his work. i could get a macbook but it seems a bit pointless if i can get a macbook pro for a bit more. not sure what to do.

nick

Reaction score
Well rumor has it that new revised MB's and MBP's will be out b/t now through Sept. 30 (the end of the 3rd quarter), but as rumors is rumors, it may be wrong. Perhaps you can do more research to find which one is for you. From what I understand, the Mb's and MBP's main differences is that the pro has a bigger screen and better graphics card which is mainly for video. Since you are doing music, I've heard from many on these forums that the macbook is perfectly fine with garangeband/logic and that the only thing they would suggest is to upgrade the RAM if you plan on doing some hardcore quality recording. Good luck!

Reaction score
That free ipod touch deal will almost certainly finish before any new models are released.

I struggled for a while when I bought my macbook as there were rumours as to whether a new model would be coming out soon... there still has not been a revision :)
So I say: get it when you need it - if you wait, you'll be waiting forever as something new is ALWAYS in the pipeline

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.