Mouse, Keyboard and Trackpad preferences

fbj

Reaction score
Hi all

I switched to mac only 6 months ago and haven´t really regretted it since - lots of fun. I do have one problem though - my system preferences is not working properly. I am running OS X 10.5.4 and it is updated, on a MacBook 2 GHz Intell Core 2 Duo.

The problem is with Keyboard, Mouse and Trackpad preferences - they just don´t show when I click the icon for them. When I click the icon a window opens but it is blank. No tabs are showing at all. All other prefs are working as they should.

I have a wireless mouse (Mighty Mouse) and should be able to access its prefs via the Bluetooth menu but when I try that the empty prefs window shows up - and a message saying that the mouse tab is hidden since I do not have a mouse connected? The problem is the same if I connect an USB mouse.

I don´t really know what else to add....

Cheers :)

OP
F

fbj

Reaction score
Problem solved - nitsuj had done the research for me (thanks). Switching between Brasilian/English solved the problem for now. I am now back to Danish language and the preference problem is back but I can work around it by switching to English.....

Sorry for any inconvinience :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.