Wireless Problem w/ my MB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1g Core 2 Duo MB
Hey guys im wondering if one of you will be able to help troubleshoot a problem im having with my macbook and connecting to my wireless internet.

Issues:
-As of 2 days ago i was connecting to the wireless network just fine but now it wont open any page.
-In troubleshooting it seems that i am connecting to the actual wireless but thats as far as i get.
-I am receiving an ip address.
-In the diagnostics im getting an error message stating that the server is not responding...

The network is not encrypted or password protected and my friend's pc laptop is connecting to the wireless.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Tork

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Ibook G4
Yea I just got a apple iBook G4 laptop about two days ago and im having the exact same problem even our roommate can connect to wireless but I cant I'm wondering the same thing you are Tork and i still cant figure it out. I need help Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Tork:

Install any new software, updates, or hardware in the last two days? Did you check the DNS settings? How about your Airport settings? If your friend's PC can access the wireless network, it must be working OK.

Something else: Use an ethernet cable from the router to your Mac. Let us know if that works.

Regards.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
An unprotected wireless network is a haven for any wannabe hacker within range of it. It's possible that someone connected to your network, unbeknowst to you and started messing with your router's settings. I would recommend resetting the router to factory defaults and reconfiguring it from scratch. Then, be sure to enable wireless security (preferably WPA).

Also, if you haven't already power-cycled your equipment (first the modem, then the router), you might want to give that a shot as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Ibook G4
I have tried about everything my internet only works if I'm connected to the cable. My wireless still doesn't work I have a Belkin wireless router I dont know if that matters but I know its should work for mac I appreciate the help Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Have you tried connecting to any other wireless networks to see if you can connect to them? Like at Starbucks or a library? See if you can determine if it's something with that one router or in general.

Also, something even simpler, have you tried rebooting the router recently?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i'm having a very similar problem. i'm in a trailer park for the summer with wifi, that was working until about a week ago, i can connect to the network, but have no internet access, i have tried this with both os x 10.5.(0, and .4 for what it's worth) and have tried under vista (bootcamped on my macbook). but when i go to my friends house with wireless, everything works fine.

others in the trailer park have access to the internet, and i do not have access to the router at all.
any ideas at all?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.