Wireless

Reaction score
I am in the process of going wireless for the first time and I am not sure how to set everything up. I would buy the Netgear DG834G router . At present I have a mac mini and am getting the ASUS EeePC900-Linux Netbook. ( would love a mac laptop, but can't afford one)
Would I have to put in my username and password that my ISP gave me into the router? And I presume if i set the router up it would automatically work on both the mini and the laptop, or would i have to alter configurations on the computers? Sorry for the questions. I have trouble understanding how wireless works.
Thanks for your help

Reaction score
Hi Dissonance,

The router comes with a CD that will set everything up (like entering the username and password your ISP provided) - I would run this on your ASUS computer as generally these CDs aren't Mac compatible. That will set up the router and that computer.
Then you connect to the router on your mac by going System Preferences-->Network-->Airport - from there you select the network name and enter the password you selected when setting up the router.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.