My mac is acting like windows 0.o Good lord save me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro: 7200 RPM 250 HD, 2 gig Ram, 2.4 Gig processor... IPHONE 3g
PROBLEM NOT SOLVED - STILL NEED HELP

Save me. My mac has been acting like a windows computer 0.o It usually works flawlessly but lately it's been laggy and windows like. Not to mention for some reason it's making some webpages like google go berserk on me. I uploaded a picture below so you can see. Not just google but other sites too. Not this one for some reason :-/

The weird thing is I figured I'd done something stupid and by some insanity got a virus... so i actually reformatted my my mac (Which is a Macbook Pro 7200 rpm hd, 250 gig, 2 gig memory, 256mb graphics card) And I'm still having problems :( It isn't working at ALL like when I got it and I just can't seem to shake why.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/arctickiss/Picture4-2.png
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/arctickiss/Picture5-1.png

OP
Corbri
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I've rebooted and completely reformatted.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Have you run the Apple Hardware Test on the DVD that came with your Mac?

OP
Corbri
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
EDIT: DONE

It found nothing wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
That looks like a font problem. I had that happen to me before, but seemed to fix itself. Have you tried using another browser? Are you using the latest Safari?

OP
Corbri
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I'm using the latest safari browser. I really don't like firefox all that much. I much prefer safari :-/

I also *even after formatting it* Ran a Archive and Install .... that didn't work either.

Reaction score
Have you by any chance recently deleted or installed any fonts?

OP
Corbri
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I did. I installed like 100 new fonts, and also microsoft word which said it had duplicate fonts and deleted the extras. If it was a duplicate though why wouldn't they work now and if it was a font issue why when I archive and re-installed didn't it fix it since I checked customize and specifically chose fonts

This font issue you really annoying. How can I just wipe all the fonts out and reinstall the mac fonts?

Reaction score
I think your Arial font has been screwed up somewhere down the line, either by MS Word or a flakey font that you have installed.

Open Font Book in your applications folder and validate the fonts that you think may be a problem (From the file menu). You may need to re-install the original Arial font if Word has replaced it with something else.

If you have Onyx installed (If not download it for free) you could also try emptying the font cache.

http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs2/english/download.html

Reaction score
I think your Arial font has been screwed up somewhere down the line, either by MS Word or a flakey font that you have installed.

Open Font Book in your applications folder and validate the fonts that you think may be a problem (From the file menu). You may need to re-install the original Arial font if Word has replaced it with something else.

If you have Onyx installed (If not download it for free) you could also try emptying the font cache.

http://www.titanium.free.fr/pgs2/english/download.html

I agree. I'll bet whatever software caused the font problem before the reinstall was reinstalled after you wiped the drive. I haven't used safari much, but if you do run Firefox, I'll bet the problem clears up. Look for a font setting in Safari.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have had that Virus scan pop up with Firefox on Windows and OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First gen Mac Pro, Dual 2.66
Worse case scenario is a video problem. you say it's slowing down, is this mostly happening when you're moving windows around? And, is the problem there as soon as you boot up, or does it take a little while?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Try Linotype Font Explorer. Deactivate all fonts except system fonts.

Also use it to clear all font, system and app caches.

Reaction score
I had this exact same problem. I installed microsoft office 08 and installed their fonts and this is what happened. try un-installing microsoft office and when you're in the process check the box that says "unisntall all office fonts too" or whatever

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.